Find your new home
Location: Almondsbury Business Park, Bristol
Salary/Benefits: Competitive Salary/Company Pension Scheme/Company Bonus Scheme
Due to the success and expansion of the Severn Valley region, we are seeking an Assistant Buyer to join our commercial team. You will be based in our Almondsbury Business Park office covering several developments from Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon and Chippenham.
The applicant will demonstrate a pro-active approach, working within a team environment. They will be tasked with the control of providing all material and plant required by the construction team within the Severn Valley region.
Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the tender process along with an excellent knowledge of construction material.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the ability to lead and drive internal and external teams and will have a ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Providing all material and plant required by the construction team
• Raising purchase orders with suppliers, effectively and to budget
• Responding to requisitions in a timely manner
• Issuing enquiries and tenders as required
• Collating and analysing quotations
• Other admin duties as required
• Preferable experience in the housing building industry
• Excellent communication skills – verbally and written
• Highly organized with outstanding co-ordination skills
• Ability to proritise workload and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Knowledge of construction material and their application
• Computer literacy is essential
Closing Date: to apply for this position please enclose a copy of your curriculum vitae with a brief covering letter to Rachel.email@example.com by the closing date of 31st August
Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence in accordance with our GDPR Privacy Notice which can be read here, GDPR NOTICE
Date added: 21 August 2019
Closing date for applications: 31 August 2019