Development Co-ordinator – Technical Department
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a pro-active approach to design development, working within a team environment from the planning handover through to its completion. They will be tasked with the control of the complete detailed design process involving the management of consultants, management of design input from other external parties, liaison with the relevant statutory and local authorities, including liaison with Housing Associations. He/she will have the ability to comment on construction detailing, reviewing consultant and sub-contractors designs for buildability and compliance with statutory criteria / guidelines etc., thus ensuring that projects meet the Employer’s Requirements.
Applicants will need to demonstrate a good understanding of the residential development sector along with an excellent base level of technical knowledge, including a good working knowledge of the Building Regulations & NHBC Standards, Planning procedures, etc.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the ability to lead and drive internal and external teams and will have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Control the design process; post planning approval through to project completion,
- Appointment of Design Consultants, ensuring detailed designs are prepared in accordance with Employers Requirement’s and current Building Regulations & NHBC Standards,
- Ensure Consultants prepare detailed design in accordance with Statutory Authority design guides (i.e. S278/S38/S104, etc),
- Manage and review the design development process ensuring value engineering and buildability are considered,
- Provide required information to ensure Planning Conditions are discharged,
- To ensure timely registration with warranty providers i.e. NHBC, Robust Details,
- Monitor and control NHBC Conditions ensuring these are cleared in a timely manner,
- Register street names with Local Authority and obtain full postal addresses,
- Review Suppliers design information to ensure it meets with Company Specifications,
- Continual liaison with internal Departments & Site Management to ensure information and queries are answered in a timely manner,
- Attend Project and Housing Association Meetings,
- Provide Pre-Construction Information Pack and Health and Safety Files / Operating and Maintenance Manuals,
- Review design development to allow construction of works to follow safety working practices and be in accordance with current legislation and Company Policy & Procedures.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Construction/design related further education,
- Construction/design related HNC/HND/Degree,
- New build experience in private spec housing is essential,
- Thorough use of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Packages preferred,
- Applicants will need to demonstrate an excellent base level of technical knowledge.
Our benefits package includes
- Competitive salary
- Company Car with Fuel Card OR Car Allowance
- Annual bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
To apply for this position, please attach a copy of your cv with a brief covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of Friday, 27th September 2019.
Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence in accordance with our GDPR Privacy Notice which can be read here, GDPR NOTICE
Date added: 15 August 2019
Closing date for applications: 27 September 2019